Note: If you are new to NBISD, please click this link above.
Note for returning students: Please select "Family/Student Access" before logging in.
The New Boston Independent School District (NBISD) is launching online registration for all NEW and RETURNING students. It is required that EVERY student attending NBISD have an updated online registration completed each year. Failure to complete registration may result in the student not being scheduled for classes.
Please follow the steps below for NEW or RETURNING students to complete the registration process.
Note: The registration/enrollment websites do not always work properly when used on cell phones and tablets. We recommend you use a computer to complete the process - we have computers available in the front office of each campus.
NEW Students (have never attended NBISD):
- Click on the above maroon image titled “Enrollment for New Students”
- Follow the steps to create a Skyward Guardian Account for your online enrollment. Once an account has been created, you will be emailed a username and password to proceed to the enrollment application (usually within a few minutes). In some limited cases, it may take a day or two to receive this information and we also recommend you check your spam/junk folder if you don't see it in your inbox. You can still create an account if you do not have an email address, but if you forget your password you will not be able to retrieve it without an email address, in which case you would need to contact your child's school for further assistance.
- While you wait on your username and password, take the required documentation to the school campus your child will be attending. Required documentation includes parent photo ID and proof of residency (electric bill, water bill, gas bill, mortgage statement, or lease agreement). It will be helpful if you also have a copy of the student’s birth certificate and social security card. If you are coming from another state, the school will need an immunization record.
- Once you have a username and password, log in to Family Access (by following steps 1 & 2 in the RETURNING student section below) and click on “New To District Online Enroll.” Follow the screen prompts to complete the registration process.
RETURNING Students (attended NBISD last year or a previous year):
- Click on the above gold image titled "Enrollment for Existing Students"
- Use your Skyward Family Access login and password to complete the online registration. If you cannot remember this login information, please click the link for Login/Password help. If this doesn’t give you the needed information, call the campus your child attends and they can help you retrieve your information.
- Once logged in, click on Returning Student Online Registration on the left. Do NOT click on New Student Online Enrollment.
- Complete and review all fields and custom forms for accuracy as the information provided will be the student’s information on file at the school.
- Click Submit to complete the registration process for your student.
- Parents/Guardians will receive an email confirmation that NBISD has received the updated online registration information.
- Please repeat this process for each student you have attending NBISD. If students are linked, most information will carry over but will still need to be approved and submitted.
Note: When completing the online registration through Family Access, you will not be able to update your primary address or your phone number. HOWEVER, you CAN update it by clicking “My Account” on the top right of your Family Access screen. If at any time throughout the year this information needs to be updated, you can come here to make the change, or you may call the campus. Please NOTE, an address change will not be approved until required residency information has been submitted to the campus office.
If you need access to a computer to complete registration, please call the office of your campus. School offices are open Monday - Thursday from 8:00 - 4:00. Someone will be available to help you with the process.
School starts August 12, 2020 and it is very important that this registration takes place in time to schedule your student for the upcoming school year.
We look forward to a wonderful year with your student! As always, it is a great day to be a LION.